BIND views and slaves

Brian Schang bind at lists.schang.net
Mon Sep 6 14:18:45 UTC 2010

Hello:

On 9/6/2010 9:45 AM, Brian Schang wrote:

> On 9/5/2010 10:17 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> Is it possible to:
> (1) Allow the master external view to be transferred into the slave's
> internal and external views?

> More specifically, it seems simple to transfer the master external view
> into the slave external view. But how do I transfer the master external
> view into the slave's internal view?

I think that I found an FAQ entry that more closely resembles the
configuration that I am looking for.

I want my friend's external view to be transferred to both my internal
and external zones. I think this is how I think things work:
(1) My friend updates his master zone file. A notification goes out over
publicly addressable IP space to all slaves.
(2) My slave picks up the update in the external view.
(3) I need to add an 'also-notify' clause to the slave zone definition
in the external view. This will be configured to send out another
notification to an internal IP address.
(4) I need to add a 'masters' and 'transfer-source' clause to the slave
zone definition in the internal view. This will be configured to have
named listen for zone updates on the internal IP address.

Do I have this correct?

Thanks.

--
Brian Schang