control channel protocol?

Klaus Malorny Klaus.Malorny at knipp.de
Mon Oct 18 12:15:27 UTC 2010

On 18/10/10 01:16, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 10/16/2010 4:58 AM, Klaus Malorny wrote:
>> [...]
>
> It's virtually certain that you would get better results with less effort by
> switching to using dynamic updates.
>

> hth,
>
> Doug

Hi Doug,

well, I considered this, but as far as I understand, there are some non-trivial
problems with RFC 2136:

  - can't create or drop zones -> still need to use the classic approach

  - updates limited to a single message (64k limit via TCP), requiring
    the updates to be split if need be -> problems regarding atomicity,
    query integrity during update, serial numbers

also, this is only considered as an interim solution until Bind10 becomes
suitable for our needs.

Regards,

Klaus