control channel protocol?

Klaus Malorny Klaus.Malorny at knipp.de
Sat Oct 16 11:58:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

for one project we are using the "traditional" file based approach, where we
update the zone files and call rndc to notify Bind about the changes. At some
point I asked myself whether we could avoid calling rndc over and over and
instead directly communicating with Bind, even if the protocol is subject to
change due to further development. I tried to find some information about the
used protocol but couldn't find much (except in the source code, of course). Is
there any (un-) official documentation?

Thanks,
Klaus