Reverse Configuration

João Alberto Kuchnier joao.kuchnier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 15:14:14 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone!

I have 6 domains configured in only one server. Is this a problem? Is
bether to create one file for each domain or can I create one file for
all of them?

Dispite of that, I'm having some problems with reverse DNS. MxToolBox,
for example, is saying that my reverse DNS is not configured.

Below is one my reverse configuration on named.conf.local:

zone "dataprom.com-0-15.101.198.200.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/dataprom.com/rev";
        allow-transfer { slave; };
};

$TTL 216000
$ORIGIN 101.198.200.IN-ADDR.ARPA.
@       IN      SOA     ns1.dataprom.com. postmaster.dataprom.com. (
        2010101405 ; Serial
        10800 ; Refresh
        3600 ; Retry
        1209600 ; Expire
        3600 ) ; Negative Cache TTL
;
@       IN      NS      ns1.dataprom.com.
@       IN      NS      ns2.dataprom.com.
3       IN      PTR     ns1.dataprom.com.
4       IN      PTR     ns2.dataprom.com.

Are there any problems in this setup?

Thanks for your help!

João K.