Integrating BIND9 with external graphing like Cacti

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 14:50:18 UTC 2010

On 13/10/10 15:16, Eivind Olsen wrote:
> Has anyone here made use of the XML statistics interface in BIND9, to get
> some numbers into Cacti (or another similar tool)? If so, how, and which
> numbers did you feel were worth turning into graphs?

Yes.

We have a system where local scripts on our machines can plugin to the
net-snmp daemon via "pass_persist" and export a table. I wrote a script
to present the XML stats to an SNMP table.

We basically graph, total, successful and failed queries; it's more just
to get an idea of load than anything.