Bind and blacklist IP file

Andrey G. Sergeev andris at aernet.ru
Wed Oct 13 10:24:40 UTC 2010

Hello David,

Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:38:24 -0400 David Miller wrote:

>   On 10/11/2010 3:26 PM, Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris) wrote:
>> Hello Alans,
>>

>> Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:07:40 +0300 Alans wrote:
>>
>>> Why not? OpenDNS is a good example i think.
>> Good example? Was it a joke? Do the traceroute on IP addresses of
>> the two OpenDNS resolvers and you'll find that they both are behind
>> the same router. Do you still trust the OpenDNS people who advertise
>> their service as reliable?
>
> You are kidding right?  ...or was this post a joke?

Not at all.

> OpenDNS is Anycast - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anycast

Thanks, I know what anycast is and about the fact that OpenDNS uses it.
Besides of all that it still seems strange that *both* of their public
resolvers are behind the *same* router (peer1.rtr1.ams.opendns.com
[195.69.144.88] for me).

--

Yours sincerely,

Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris)     http://www.andris.name/