Bind and blacklist IP file

Nuno Paquete nunopaquete at lusocargo.pt
Mon Oct 11 18:44:39 UTC 2010

Hi.

>> This is NOT something BIND (or any DNS server) should do. Blocking
>> web sites
>> is business for web proxies, firewalls etc. Doing this stuff at DNS
>> level
>> could lead to many surprises.

I definetly agree with this.

> In Norway we have what is basically a government requirement for ISPs
> to block child porn domains, using a list supplied by the police.

Ok, but you can always browse by IP address and in this case there is
no DNS server than can stop you from browsing what you want.
If you want to block IP address access you have to use firewall, or if
you are talking about http traffic and have a proxy, maybe you have to
block there. That's why I completly agree this should not be blocked
at DNS level.

Nuno Paquete