minimum cache times?

Dave Sparro dsparro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 14:24:01 UTC 2010

On 10/5/2010 9:19 AM, Atkins, Brian (GD/VA-NSOC) wrote:
> I asked a similar question 2 weeks ago and got a non-response (e.g., a
> response with no real information).
>
>> From what I've read, everyone seems to frown on over-riding cache times,
> but I haven't seen any specifics as to why it's bad.

Basically, it is impolite.

If you ignore my Authoritative server's request to cache answers, you'll
end up either increasing the load on my server, or missing an update I
make to my data (depending on which direction you adjust the cache time).

Now imagine a world where everybody ignores my TTL.

--
Dave