Unable to query the nameserver

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 21:41:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 23:20, Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris)
<andris at aernet.ru> wrote:
> Hi Dotan!

Hello hello!

> You might be blocking 53/udp and (or) 53/tcp port. Try to query your
> problematic server from some other location rather than the site this
> server is installed on.

The ports aren't blocked as another site (example.eu) hosted on the
1.1.1.1 server works fine. The working site has both nameservers
pointed to that same server (on two different IP addresses on eth0 and
etho0:0). Only the example.de site which has one nameserver on the
1.1.1.1 machine and the second nameserver on 1.1.2.2 is giving me a
headache.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il