per-zone-recursion?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Oct 1 15:39:16 UTC 2010

On 01.10.10 12:39, Joerg Dorchain wrote:
> Well, I could agree agree that "wrong" means not thought of by
> RfC-Designers and bind implementators (yet).

probably it was not thought because it's wrong.

> > less palatable option:
> >
> > 1. Make the other DNS software available on another IP. So normal DNS
> > behaviour works.
>
> Hm, this is not too easy in practice, but of course optimal solution.
> IPv6 will help here, I hope.

I don't think this will solve the problem, it will just be a workaround for
it.

> > 2. Add the zone as a slave within your authoritative view. (this option may
> > be the easiest for your situation).
>
> Not feasible as it contains dynamically generated content,
> typically with a TTL of 0.

this strongly indicates that there's something broken in your DNS. The DNS
is not designed to provide anything that short-lived, the whole DNS
architecture is based on cachind.

Are you doing any kind of DNS-based load balancing?
Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.