Help with the subzone problem

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Thu Nov 25 09:35:06 UTC 2010

> But F5's 3DNS can't setup the NS records for games.abc.com.
> That means, when query to:
> dig games.abc.com ns @ns1.example.com
> get nothing.

I'm not familiar with "F5's 3DNS", but in general I'd expect the query you
made above to work. Do you get _any_ response from ns1.example.com? If you
query it directly with dig, asking for www.games.abc.com, or asking for
the SOA record of games.abc.com ?

If you can't get an answer out of that F5 thingie, I'd at least start by
looking there.

If you could give us the real names, we could also check the delegation of
the domain, and we could check that we got sensible answers from your
authoritative nameservers for both abc.com and games.abc.com

Regards
Eivind Olsen