error (broken trust chain) resolving

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Nov 24 17:21:26 UTC 2010

Jeremy C. Reed <jreed <at> isc.org> writes:

> I was reading it all along, but could never reproduce.

Given the new information I have, I'll hazard to guess that you were trying to
reproduce with something newer than 9.7.0-P2.

> I thought it was
> a temporary issue.
>
> I see your new bug report. Someone will follow up soon.

That can probably be closed out (I will follow-up on it as soon as I'm done
here) but I have taken a variance from my distro's prescribed BIND version of
9.7.0-P2 and built a 9.7.2-P2 and after about 12h of data collecting the
problem seems to be gone.

I am going to bug report with said distro also as I hate varying from the
"working set" because it just causes possible future problems trying to bug
report with them.  "you are not using the version we support, bla, bla, bla".

So in the end it seems that perhaps it was a bug/situation that was cleared up
between 9.7.0-P2 and 9.7.2-P2.

Thanx to all that persevered through all of this.  I really should have just
bitten the bullet and upgraded in the first place.

Cheers,
b.