Views and Updates with a twist

Bodo Bellut bodo at bellut.net
Sun Nov 14 19:52:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm currently using a BIND9 slave for two masters. Master 1 is
using views (internal and external), master 2 doesn't have any
views configured.

This setup works for master 1 without any problems, for master 2 I have
the slave configured to use the same configuration files for both views so
the zones are identical in both views.

When master 2 sends a notify to the slave, the slave refreshes the
appropriate zone but only for the internal view. The external view
continues serving the old zone even though the file contents are updated
correctly. When I restart the slave (rather then reloading changed zones
only) it serves identical data in both views again.

I have read the FAQ entry at https://www.isc.org/faq/item/182 but this
assumes views configured on both master and slave.

Is there a way to have the slave update the zones on both views when
receiving a notify or do I have to configure the same views on the master
and have them serve identical data?

cu, Bodo
--
Bodo Bellut          bodo at bellut.net         |     USE PGP!       +-----------+
Stangefolstr. 17     Fax/Mobile:   just ask  | (key via server    |\  O---m  /|