Could DNS help solve this?

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Thu Nov 11 21:56:00 UTC 2010

Well, this points the finger at me, I have normally used whois with a
specific server to ask the question, never thinking it could be that simple.

Does anybody know how whois works?

Big thanks to everybody who responded, I feel embarrassed that the
solution was that simple and I did not figure this out myself.

I use OSX and whois works the same way as described here, no need for
jwhois.

OSX has a Network Utility that will look domains up using whois. This
does not work well, I made the mistake to think it was functioning well,
it doesn't.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen