BIND View Option

J. Thomsen list at jth.net
Thu Nov 11 00:23:56 UTC 2010

>Not sure why you felt it necessary to resort to hosts files.

Well, I don't know how to configure ressource records in an include file and don't want to
waste gigabytes of RAM duplicating zones.

> What am I missing here?

The idea of avoiding front ends !

>"View"s in BIND was never meant to provide a general "search" function.

Alas they should never be changed.

>If you want fancy "extended search" capabilities, look elsewhere or,
>perhaps, figure out a way to implement this as a database backend to BIND.

Right, I understand the point. Let us stay in the good old days.
No bright ideas here. They may disturb the peace.

What I am missing on this list is people, which do not see their primary task as keeping
everything as it is and taking an interest in discussing new ideas.

- Jørgen Thomsen