BIND View Option

J. Thomsen list at jth.net
Wed Nov 10 20:17:22 UTC 2010

>Is there a way or option to configure bind to do the following logic: If the
>bind didn’t find a entry in a view 1 (internal view) it will search this
>entry on the view 2 (external view) ?

Not to my knowledge. We had the same problem and ended up with using the hosts file for
the special IP addresses.
It would have been nice to have been able to use BIND for everything.

This just illustrates that the simple view concept in BIND really needs an overhaul as I
have been advocating lately about groups of zones where the extended search is just done
on zones not on individual resource records.

- Jørgen Thomsen