multi-master configuration?

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 06:30:53 UTC 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 8:38 PM, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> So, to clarify my question.  When I add the other two dhcp servers to the
> masters{} list and set "multi-master yes" will this allow all three dhcp servers
> to update the dyn.mydomain.com zone?  If so, do the three dhcp servers also
> update each other?

No, this won't work with BIND. It just doesn't work this way. If you try it, you will have three completely different and unrelated versions of the same zone. There's no way for a slave to try to integrate the data, either.

Create a single hidden master name server. Configure al three DHCP servers to update it. Or create three separate zones, one per DHCP server.

Regards,
Chris Buxton
BlueCat Networks