Opinions about zone configuration

Gary Gladney gladney at stsci.edu
Wed May 26 12:14:44 UTC 2010

That's make sense to me but the sysadmins want to the user to be able to automatically get updates from apple.com when they are off-site.  I'm not how this is accomplished if the Mac's are setup to get updates from xxxx.apple.com which is only defined at my site but I'm not a Mac person.  I know this is beyond the scope of this list but do you know of way to tell auto-updater on Mac to use a list?  I suspect what they are counting is setting up auto-updater to use xxxx.apple.com and when it resolves locally it will get the update from our update server and if not then the resolver will drop the hostname and try to resolve apple.com and it should connect with apple.com update service.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary Gladney
Network Mgr