Web forwarding in BIND

Hoover Chan hchan at mail.ewind.com
Fri May 21 16:08:20 UTC 2010

Thanks for this and all the other input.

When you say "regular Web browser", it's safe to conclude that Firefox, IE and Safari are all included in this category? If so, then yes, that is the target audience.

I have an odd (and frustrating) situation where I manage the DNS for a Web service that's housed outside of my institution who for some reason doesn't want to configure virtual hosting. A workaround was (actually in place at this moment) to point DNS to a Web server I manage and do the appropriate virtual hosting config and redirect. However, the group that manages the content for that Web server somehow doesn't want to it this way.

Oh well.

Hoover Chan                hchan at mail.ewind.com  -or-  hchan at well.com
Eastwind Associates
P.O. Box 16646             voice: 415-731-6019  -or-  415-565-8936
San Francisco, CA 94116