invalid requests for dns_registration.*

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Mar 30 08:04:51 UTC 2010

On 29.03.10 21:55, Barry Margolin wrote:
> If the client doesn't have NS records cached for in.nextra.sk, it will
> ask the servers for nextra.sk, which should return a delegation.

yes, apparently something like that.

> > Has anyone an idea what kind of devices or cofnigurations can issue these
> > requests?

> Any properly functioning DNS resolver.  There's nothing wrong with the
> requests.  What's wrong is that your subdomain has a hostname with an
> underscore in its name.

There is no such subdomain and I do not have any record containing
underscores in my domains.

The issue is exactly that someone/something is requesting a hostname that
does not exist and is invalid. I don't know who or why.

Has anyone seen a case where the "dns_registration" prefix would be special?
Any kind of device/service/protocol that would prepend this to domain in
domain search list to get any informations?

BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease