what is a SPF (type 99) record and who do I implement?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 26 20:17:36 UTC 2010

On 24.03.10 13:26, Security Admin (NetSec) wrote:
> Correction.  I found many sites which discuss what it is, but none that
> explicitly tell me how to implement in my hosts file.

in hosts? No way. hosts can only be used for translating hostnames to
addresses and vice versa. They don't provide any other functionality.

> If the below implementation is correct, let me know.

> Mydomain.com       172800  IN TXT  "v=spf1 mx -all"
> Mydomain.com       172800  IN SPF  "v=spf1 mx -all"
> Mydomain.com       172800  IN MX   10 Mail.Mydomain.com
> Mail.Mydomain.com  172800  IN A    vvv.xxx.yyy.zzz

you apparently need trailing dots, with them it's syntactically correct.
If it's what you want/need is not the same...

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.