Error fetching SOA

michael peters mdpeters67 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 19:40:22 UTC 2010

Here are the configuration files.

# more named.conf
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.options";

// prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "/etc/bind/db.root";
};

// be authoritative for the localhost forward and reverse zones, and for
// broadcast zones as per RFC 1912

zone "localhost" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.local";
};

zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.127";
};

zone "0.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.0";
};

zone "255.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.255";
};

zone "lazarusalliance.com" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.lazarusalliance.com.hosts";
        allow-update {
                any;
                };
        allow-transfer {
                any;
                };
        allow-query {
                any;
                };
};

zone "99.12.71.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/71.12.99.rev";
};

include "/etc/bind/named.conf.local";
logging {
        category lame-servers {
                null;
                };
        };
key rndc-key {
        algorithm hmac-md5;
        secret "********************************************";
        };
controls {
        inet 127.0.0.1 port 953 allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { rndc-key; };
        };
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

# more named.conf.local
//
// Do any local configuration here
//

// Consider adding the 1918 zones here, if they are not used in your
// organization
//include "/etc/bind/zones.rfc1918";

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

# more named.conf.options
options {
        directory "/var/cache/bind";

        // If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
        // to talk to, you might need to uncomment the query-source
        // directive below.  Previous versions of BIND always asked
        // questions using port 53, but BIND 8.1 and later use an
unprivileged
        // port by default.

query-source address * port 53;

        // If your ISP provided one or more IP addresses for stable
        // nameservers, you probably want to use them as forwarders.
        // Uncomment the following block, and insert the addresses replacing
        // the all-0's placeholder.

        // forwarders {
        //      0.0.0.0;
        // };

        auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
        listen-on-v6 { any; };
        allow-transfer {
                any;
                };
        allow-query {
                any;
                };
};

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

# more db.lazarusalliance.com.hosts
$ttl 3600
@       IN      SOA     castor.lazarusalliance.com.
postmaster.lazarusalliance.com. (
                        2010022604
                        1200
                        3600
                        1209600
                        3600 )
;
@       3600                            IN      NS
castor.lazarusalliance.com.
@       3600                            IN      NS
pollux.lazarusalliance.com.
;
castor.lazarusalliance.com.     IN      A       71.12.99.115
pollux.lazarusalliance.com.     IN      A       71.12.99.116
lazarusalliance.com.    IN      A       71.12.99.118
;
lazarusalliance.com.    IN      MX      5 castor.lazarusalliance.com.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

# more 71.12.99.rev
$TTL    38400
@      IN      SOA     castor.lazarusalliance.com.
postmaster.lazarusalliance.com. (
                        2010032007
                        10800
                        3600
                        604800
                        38400 )
@         IN      NS      castor.lazarusalliance.com.
115       IN      PTR     castor.lazarusalliance.com.
116       IN      PTR     pollux.lazarusalliance.com.
118       IN      PTR     lazarusalliance.com.