PTR format question

groups groups at obsd.us
Sun Mar 21 12:19:30 UTC 2010

Barry Margolin wrote, On 03/21/2010 04:22 AM:
> In article <mailman.897.1269129914.21153.bind-users at lists.isc.org>,
>  groups <groups at obsd.us> wrote:
>

>> I did not know there were MACROs available.. as I just inheirited this
>> legacy system less than one month ago..
>>

> There aren't macros, just one special tool for creating a block of DNS
> entries that contain sequential numbers in them.

Thx for the clarification.

> What does it being a legacy system have to do with it?  It's running a
> recent version of BIND, that's all that matters for this.

Bind is current.. yes..  I rebuilt the box.. the OS I know and can support..

The zone format specifically the PTR has been severely neglected and to
me is  "legacy" .
And you saw the "format" of the PTR records..
There are several of those in that format ..

The suggestion of the $GENERATE  has been priceless ...

Thx
Charles