threading and linux (2.6.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Mar 17 08:13:17 UTC 2010

On 16.03.10 15:18, Jack Tavares wrote:
> What is the default build on linux (2.6) with regard to threads.
> If I don't explicitly enable or disable threads, does named
> run threaded or unthreaded?

from the manpage for named(8):

       -n #cpus
           Create #cpus worker threads to take advantage of multiple CPUs. If
           not specified, named will try to determine the number of CPUs
           present and create one thread per CPU. If it is unable to determine
           the number of CPUs, a single worker thread will be created.

I'm not interested in your website anymore.
If you need cookies, bake them yourself.