Confused about 9.6.2-P1 and 9.6-ESV

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Mar 17 05:28:26 UTC 2010

On 03/16/10 22:17, Mark Andrews wrote:
> ESV's are supposed to be releases which are stable, no dot-o-itis.

I'm not suggesting that they should be the latter, thus my comment that
what I _thought_ would happen is that once the dot-releases were done in
a given branch the -ESV would start. Frankly I find the plan as you've
laid it out at best odd and confusing. I would be willing to wager I
won't be alone in that, but time will tell.

> We didn't feel 9.6.1 was stable enough so we waited for 9.6.2.  You
> could always follow 9.6.x and then apply whatever changes to 9.6-ESV
> appear after the final 9.6.x version.

Yes, that's sort of how I'm leaning now, but I will have to wait and see
how things play out. I'm just kind of disappointed that what seemed like
it would be a clear path is now going to be considerably more murky.  :-/

Doug

			-- Propellerheads