Split View DNS

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Mar 11 15:29:39 UTC 2010

I too found it best to have them be separate even if they contain the
same data.  For me I had an internal and external view - the external
was my original zone so I made that my external view then simply
prepended "internal-" to the zone file name in the internal view.   That
way all my intenal view zones files can be found quickly (as can
external by grepping out the "internal-").   If they have the same
content you can simply copy the original zone file to the other zone and
prepend.  I did that with a for loop when I originally introduced views
and creating the zones files took less time than updating named.conf.