multiple options{} statements in bind config

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Mar 1 14:37:04 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm updating my configurations for our bind server farm.

previously I was using multiple versions of named.conf with different
values for statemennts that need to be different (listen-on, notify etc).

I would now like to have one main config that would include small files
containing those statements.

Since listen-on and notify are in options statement; while statistics-channel
is a statement of its own, I would like to know, if it's possible to define
multiple options {} statements or do I have to include two files.

Another question is, can I use master {} as ACL or do I have to define
the same IP sets in masters {} and acl {}. Can they at least have the same
names?

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)