named-checkzone

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Fri Jun 25 13:21:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 03:46:37PM -0400, P.A wrote:
> Hi, im trying to get some ideas how I can exec named-checkzone on a zone
> file that has just been executed. We have com users who edit zone files but
> forget to run the command when they are do editing the file.  Trying to
> figure out if anyone has a good way of enforcing that the zone gets checked
> after its been edited.

Shell command file that
(1) Checks it out of version control [RCS, Subversion, git, whatever]
(2) Throws it into ${EDITOR:-vi}
(3) Runs named-checkzone using zone name based on file name
(4) If it fails, let the user absorb the error msg before goto (2)
(5) If it succeeds, ask the user whether to edit again or commit
(6) Check it back into version control
(7) rndc reload

--
**