forecast.weather.gov: can't the government get anything right?

John Z. Bohach jzb2 at aexorsyst.com
Tue Jun 22 03:41:10 UTC 2010

Does anyone else have trouble with this miserable website?  Besides the
5 second TTL, it has serious issues resolving on a consistent basis,
and I've tried my workplaces DNS servers through VPN, and BIND going to
the root-servers themselves directly...same results:  sporadic resolve
failures.

I used to think my ISP was eating the DNS packets, but now the same
thing is happening over VPN to my workplace, and they're pretty good
about DNS...

Thanks,
John