+, -, -E

Casey Deccio casey at deccio.net
Mon Jun 21 19:07:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Peter Laws <plaws at ou.edu> wrote:
> What do they mean?  I can't find them and yes, I've googled and also grepped
> the docs on isc.org ...
>
> I'm assuming it's some way of telling if the query was serviced or not ...

Hi Peter,

The following is from the section titled "logging Statement Definition
and Usage" in the BIND Configuration Reference [1]:

"The query log entry reports the client's IP address and port number,
and the query name, class and type. It also reports whether the
Recursion Desired flag was set (+ if set, - if not set), if the query
was signed (S), EDNS was in use (E), if DO (DNSSEC Ok) was set (D), or
if CD (Checking Disabled) was set (C).

client 127.0.0.1#62536: query: www.example.com IN AAAA +SE
client ::1#62537: query: www.example.net IN AAAA -SE"

Hope that helps.