Can't get BIND to use GSSAPI from /usr/local on FreeBSD

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Jun 15 23:12:04 UTC 2010

In message <slrni1ea5q.10j.john at rwpc12.mby.riverwillow.net.au>, John Marshall w
rites:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:52:05 +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
> >
> > So what was in config.log?  With libgssapi_krb5 you are trying to link
> > against MIT kerberos.
>
> Sorry, s/_krb5// (Heimdal)
>
> The config.log is here, and seems convinced about using /usr/local.
>
>   <http://www.riverwillow.net.au/~john/bind971rc1/config.log>

Well you have two three versions of gssapi installed.  Two in /usr
(MIT + Heimdal) and one in /usr/local and configure is just not written
to cope with that.  MIT and Heimdal require different sets of libraries
and the code that attempts to work that all out matched the MIT code in
/usr before it tests the Heimdal code in /usr/local.  I think this
requires hand tweeking post configure.