Multiple PTRs for an in-addr

Alan Shackelford ashackel at jhmi.edu
Thu Jun 3 15:52:54 UTC 2010

Well said, Paul. I make my users choose between the various names for a server, and generally publish the name that the machine actually knows itself as, rather than any of the application names that reside there. In my opinion, the RFC is fairly clear. And my users don't know you have added this capability to BIND. So I agree this should never become the expected behavior, even if it begins to appear in great DNS software around the world.

73 Paul  de NG3B   Alan

Alan V. Shackelford                   Sr. Systems Software Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
Baltimore, Maryland USA       410-735-4773        ashackel at jhmi.edu