zone syntax question

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Sat Jul 24 15:17:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:07:54AM +0100, Sam Wilson wrote:
> I *would* recommend using @ everywhere possible - it's so much less
> liable to typos than using the real domain and unnecessary obfuscation
> is not your friend when it comes to DNS administration. :) :)

Seconded.

I would also recommend using human-readable times, even though they're
converted to numbers internally [which is of course what 'dig' reads].
Similarly, less likely to errors.  Quick, knee-jerk, which of these is
one day?
	86300
	68300
	863000

What I would recommend is getrting rid of those ugly "$ORIGIN"s and
sticking to the original "@".

--
**