connect call failing with EINPROGRESS error code.

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 22 07:49:37 UTC 2010

On 07/22/2010 07:52 AM, R Juneja wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to socket programming. Please help me with a situation.

This is the wrong place to ask. This mailing list is for discussing the
Bind DNS server, not socket programming.

> The function call connect (non -blocking) is failing with setting the
> errorcode as 36 (EINPROGRESS). I have checked all the relative things.
> They are set properly.
> ::connect(sd, ((struct sockaddr*) (void*) &(proxyDataPtr->remoteAddr)),
> sizeof(struct sockaddr))

Try

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/socket/

...or Google more generally.

If you've put the socket into non-blocking mode, EINPROGRESS is normal.
You need to use select() or poll() to wait for the file descriptor to
become available.