recursing stop at about 1000 clients

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Jul 17 22:20:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 08:41 +0000, Kebba Foon wrote:

> am running 9.6-ESV-R1 on Debian 5.0 lenny

You might need to ensure your operating system can handle more than 1024
file descriptors as it sounds like it is not, but the logs should
reflect this, this could be your problem, if it's not, then, I can see
no reason for this, although I do not use debian, I suggest you grab the
latest source and stop using antiquated deb packages, most people I know
who are even 'fanantical debian nuts' ,resolve their problems right away
by using the source.
ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.7.1-P2/bind-9.7.1-P2.tar.gz   and try
that.

BTW, as you're using Evolution, hitting Control-L will set up a "reply
to list" :)

Cheers