newb alert: how to make v4 and v6 "A" records resolve to same website

fakessh fakessh at fakessh.eu
Thu Jul 15 01:05:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:12:21 -0400, Alan Clegg <aclegg at isc.org> wrote:
> On 7/14/2010 4:47 PM, Bill Buhlman wrote:
>
>> I am just now playing with IPv6 and wondering about how to make an IPv6
>> AAAA record resolve to the same website as the IPv4 A record. Probably
>> simple thing but how?
>
> Assign the AAAA to the IPv6 address of the given host... ie:
>
> baremetal.wetworks.org. 90 IN A    192.153.154.127
> baremetal.wetworks.org. 90 IN AAAA 2001:470:1f00:4024:250:56ff:feb6:3e25
>
> to test:  "dig baremetal.wetworks.org A"
>           "dig baremetal.wetworks.org AAAA"
>
> Obviously, you need IPv6 transport in place to make this useful.
>
> AlanC

yes this is theoretical. This is the standard reply to dig with the
correct AAAA

but how we transform the A record in AAAA

this is a mathematical formula, how simple and without RTFM

I compile my kernel is only ipv4 is no problems for the time but I would
one day confront the same problem and I do not know how to

aka /fakessh/

thanks for all
god bless all