Slowness and timeouts resolving qa.pay.gov

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Wed Jul 14 14:59:14 UTC 2010

On Jul 14, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Lear, Karen (Evolver) wrote:

> My recursive DNS servers are intermittently timing out and giving
> slow responses to qa.pay.gov.  I haven't noticed problems with any
> other sites.  How can I nail down where the problem is?

You are going to have to start by providing way more info, like:

1: Do you run these recursive servers or does someone else?
2: what are they ? version, etc.
3: How often does this happen?
4: Do you have the same issues with any other requests?
5: Do you have anything interesting in the logs?
6: Are you logging anything?
7: Is there a firewall between your resolver and the rest of the world?
8: Please provide configs...
9: Please provide output of dig, against both your server and with
+trace.

Also, please don't start a new thread by replying to a message and
changing the subject, it is bad form and will annoy lots of folk.
People who have stopped following the old thread with also probably
not see your message, and so you will be less likely to get help...

>  From my home, on comast.net, I don't have slowness or timeouts
> resolving qa.pay.gov.
>
> Thx,

A. No