bind says 'clocks are unsynchronized' but they are not

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Wed Jul 7 12:41:57 UTC 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:13:45 +0200
> Von: Niklas Jakobsson <nico at autonomica.se>
> An: bind-users at isc.org
> Betreff: bind says \'clocks are unsynchronized\' but they are not

> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with our bind servers complaining that 'clocks are
> unsynchronized' when doing zone transfers with TSIG. The problem is the
> clocks are correct, synced with ntp and everything.

Maybe one of the two servers doing the zone transfer is running in a chroot where it has another time setting than the server itself?

> The problems seems to occur mostly on zone transfers that take a long
> time (ie. hours).

HOURS??
There is defnitly something wrong. I cannot imagine a zone so big or a connection so slow that a zonetransfer could take hours. Or do you make a axfr of the tld com. over a serial connection?  ;-)

Tom.