Notify "storms"

Todd canadaboy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:52:33 UTC 2010

> serial-query-rate

While this appears to be helping in the lab, it's still taking between
2 and 3 minutes for each slave to even finish receiving the NOTIFYs
from the master.  They then start hitting the master(s) with SOA
queries whch seems to take a really long time.

We're going to keep tuning, but it looks like we've reached some sort
of tipping point where inefficiencies in our methodology, architecture
and the underlying protocol might be combining to make for less than
ideal conditions for fast changes.

Thanks for this tip ... big 'ah-ha' moment for us.

Cheers,

Todd.