OpenDNS today announced it has adopted DNSCurve to secure DNS

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Feb 24 16:48:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Tony Finch wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Joe Baptista wrote:
>>
>> Lets not forget the IETF has had 15 years to secure the DNS. The result is
>> the DNSSEC abortion. It has failed.
>
> It looks pretty lively to me. DNSSEC has multiple interoperable
> implementations, and it will be deployed in the most important zones this
> year. DNScurve doesn't even have one publicly available implementation.

Nor do dnscurve.* or opendns.* domains even use dnscurve themselves. If
the inventors are not even running it, and we have no minimal two
independantly written interoperable implementations, it's clearly not
meant to be used outside the reseach labs, and telling others (ISC)
to do your work seems rather out of place.

This has neither concensus or running code or a publicly testable deployment.

Paul