[SPAM:5.2] Re: Installing 9.7?

Daniel Morgan daniel.morgan at riotm.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 08:36:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 08:00 +0000, Evan Hunt wrote:
> > This completed just fine - but what I can't find is any details on how
> > to physically install it after building. I'm used to things like 'make
> > install', but I don't want to blindly run random commands that may cause
> > carnage.
>
> "make install" is fine.  By default it installs into /usr/local.

Thanks, that works in a fashion but as you point out installs to:
/usr/local/sbin/ - but if I don't want to rewrite the init.d scripts for
it I could use it being in /usr/sbin/

I appreciate I can move it all by hand, but I'm guessing I can change
where it installs to with 'make install' ? or do I need to do that when
I build it?