Strange issue - please enlighten me

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sat Feb 20 19:26:46 UTC 2010

On 19.02.10 13:21, Alan Clegg wrote:
> aclegg at Yellow:~$ dig +short airfrance.fr ns
> webaf1.airfrance.fr.
> lasvegas.airfrance.fr.
> proof.rain.fr.
>
> aclegg at Yellow:~$ dig +short @webaf1.airfrance.fr. www.airfrance.fr
> aclegg at Yellow:~$ dig +short @lasvegas.airfrance.fr. www.airfrance.fr
> aclegg at Yellow:~$ dig +short @proof.rain.fr. www.airfrance.fr
>
> All three of these servers, however, provide NS responses:
>
> www.airfrance.fr.	87600	IN	NS	ns2isp2.airfrance.fr.
> www.airfrance.fr.	87600	IN	NS	ns2isp1.airfrance.fr.
>
> That's not right... all three of the servers are "lame" (as you noted
> from your logfile).
>
> airfrance.fr needs to fix their delegations.

like other domains I have seen before, they delegated the "www.airfrance.fr"
record to broken nameservers that can not return proper answers for ANY or
NS requests. ryanair.com is one of those, ccs.cz/ccs.sk are another.

I have no idea what kind of nameservers are they, but they're either broken or
their admins do not know how to properly configure zone delegation.
No, NS delegations ni parent zones are NOT enough.

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod