bind replication

Torinthiel torinthiel at data.pl
Fri Dec 31 10:43:46 UTC 2010

<pyh at mail.nsbeta.info> escreveu:

>> Anand Buddhdev writes:
IMO.
>>> Yes, that's just fine. You don't have to use zone transfers.
>>
>> Thanks. But I have another question,
>> how would bind know the zone files were changed before it reload zones?
>> Regards.
>
>I think you have to restart bind. That's why I believe it's better to use
zone transfers because it's automatic.

No, you don't have to.

If you know which zone has changed, than you can do "rndc reload zonename".
If you don't, than "rndc reload" reloads all zones.
You could also try "rndc reconfig", but I think it will only load new zonesm
the ones just added in configuration, not never wersions of old zones).

Regards,
 Torinthiel