bind 9.7.2-P3 does not resolve www.microsoft.com

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Dec 30 19:29:50 UTC 2010

Zitat von Lazy <lazy404 at gmail.com>:

>>> works fine for me on linux and Solaris.
>
>> bind and powerdns-recursor seems to reply with all records for
>> microsoft.com they have, so if You earlier request for A and TXT you
>
> it looks like it's only powerdns, now I can't reproduce it using bind
>
> could someone who has "working" resolver try to restart, and do some
> ANY queries without cache ?

With cache reset
Unbound 1.4.7 --> Timeout
Bind 9.7.2-P3 --> Timeout

After doing some other queries for microsoft.com Bind does infact
deliever what it has, Unbound does not. Beside the fact that MS will
get in trouble if there first often used RRset will get bigger then
512Byte, why do you need ANY queries at all?

Regards

Andreas