Does anyone know where to find the ISC signing keys for source packages?

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Wed Dec 29 15:25:23 UTC 2010

> From: Casey Deccio
>
> Before checking the signature, you need to import ISC's public key
> into your key ring.  Something like this will work:
>
> curl https://www.isc.org/files/pgpkey2009.txt | gpg --import
>
> Then you can run gpg --verify.
>
> Casey

That is the final piece of information I needed. I had previously downloaded
the public key (I just did now know what to do with it), so I used the command

gpg --import pgpkey2009.txt

and then the following command worked

gpg --verify bind-9.7.2-P3.tar.gz.sha256.asc bind-9.7.2-P3.tar.gz

If I rename bind-9.7.2-P3.tar.gz.sha256.asc to bind-9.7.2-P3.tar.gz.asc
then the following shorter command will work

gpg --verify bind-9.7.2-P3.tar.gz.asc

Well, I seem to have insecure memory and the key is not certified with
a trusted signature, but I think that I will trust the result anyway.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Perhaps all of the above should be on
isc's web page.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com