to route specific dns query to specific dns server

Riccardo Castellani ric.castellani at alice.it
Wed Dec 29 12:06:49 UTC 2010

>Hopefully the microsoft domain is a name that is not availible on the
>internet, like mymsdomain.local. Then your microsoft server is known as
>domaincontroller.mymsdomain.local.
Of course !

>In that case you would setup a forwarder in BIND for mymsdomain.local that
>points to the microsoft dns servers.

Ok, but I'd like understanding if:
1- for every query to BIND there is always a forwarding to microsoft dns
servers or if there is only a forwarding for queries containing
'mymsdomain.local' domain ?
2- If I configure BIND how you suggest me, can I not permit Internet queries
for ''mymsdomain.local' ?
3- Can you show me sample example of forwarding configure file for specific
domain, please ?