bind 9.7.2-P3 does not resolve www.microsoft.com

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Tue Dec 28 09:16:01 UTC 2010

> works fine for me on linux and Solaris.

In my case it's using FreeBSD and Solaris.

The problem might be related to where you do queries from?

Anyway, I tried some other nameservers / "looking glass" sites, like these
- I can't vouch for how good they normally are, but these were ones I
found when searching for "dns looking glass":

http://looking-glass.taide.net/
I can look up other domains fine, but when looking up "microsoft.com" it
comes back with: connection timed out; no servers could be reached

http://ipdnstools.com/
It times out when I do a "Get DNS Records" query for "microsoft.com"

When testing for yourself, please keep in mind that limited queries seem
to work fine (like, asking for A records, or MX), but doing any-queries
which give everything seems to fail.

Regards
Eivind Olsen