Category for refused recursive queries

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Dec 3 21:08:23 UTC 2010

I would really like to get the huge number of rejected recursive
quieries out of my logs, but I have failed, so far. I am referring to:
Dec  3 13:04:58 nsx named[67170]: client xxx.yyy.68.18#39734: query (cache) '6.185.zzz.www.in-addr.arpa/PTR/IN' denied

As I don't run an open resolver, I seem to get thousands of these a day
and I really don't want to fill up the logs with them.

I looked at the ARM and it would appear that 'query-errors' would be the
appropriate category, but I sent that to null, and it made no
difference. Is it in some other category? Or am I missing something else?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)