Last transfer time?

Chip Marshall chip at 2bithacker.net
Fri Dec 3 16:36:08 UTC 2010

On 03-Dec-2010, Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> sent:
> In article <mailman.913.1291323587.555.bind-users at lists.isc.org>,
>  Chris Buxton <chris.p.buxton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Chip Marshall wrote:
> > > Just curious if there's an official and accurate way to
> > > determine the last sucessful transfer time of a slave zone
> > > from a BIND server.
> >
> > You can see the last successful refresh, whether it
> > involved a zone transfer or not, by looking at the
> > datestamp on the file.
>
> It's unclear whether the OP is trying to determine this on the
> slave or the master. The above solution works on the slave.

Yes, it's on the slave. I was kindof hoping it would be in the
per-zone statistics in the XML statistics-channel, but file mtime
should be good enough for what I need. Though I might just have
syslog send the named output to a script that keeps track of last
transfer and some other useful stats.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net>