named start-up behavior

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Fri Aug 27 06:26:44 UTC 2010

Okay, so my named process rejecting my slave files during start up does
not represent a new feature of the newer code -- that's a relief.

Now, considering the observed behavior to be improper, I see my expiry
was too short.  Since my files were older than my expiry, I guess that
explains it.

But that leaves two questions:

  - Why didn't my log files include a message indicating the zones were
    being rejected due to expiration?

  - Does anyone know where the start up behavior is documented online?

Thanks.

--
Gordon A. Lang